Monday, January 24, 2011

Part 2 on Assignment 2

Part 2 Assignment 2

1.) What is different about women today versus 40 years ago?

Ans: There seem to be a lot more SYF (Single Young females). Women especially but not only are getting married and having kids considerably later than before.

2.) What is the norm in terms of what women are doing and when they are marrying?

Ans: The norm in terms of what women are doing and when they are marrying is that in the past women would marry young and at the very least contributed anything to family funds. A lot of the Single Young Females’s today are moving out on their own where jobs, boys, and bars are and they are spending their earnings on themselves.

3.) Do women work more or less than in the past etc?

Ans: Women work more now than in the past and seem to be more independent.

4.) Next, please write about what you plan to do as you finish school and reach adulthood. Will you work and get your career started and then marry or the other way around?

If you are not familiar with the show, give us a short description of a show about families and how you see it relating to topics in this class.

Ans: My plans are to finish school and get my BA then come back for my Masters. I hope to be comfortably in my career as a teacher by age 23. Then I’ll worry about marriage between the ages of 25-30(after career is taken care of). So I will work and start a career then marry.

I’m not familiar with the show Sex and the City but I guess one show that I know of that relates to family is the Tyra Banks show. Tyra is a talk show host that has discussed topics on Gender, topics on interracial marriages as well as topics on divorce. Her show covers all types of topics that are relevant today.

No comments:

Post a Comment